Thursday, January 12, 2012

Staying Committed

    One of the hardest parts about starting a workout routine or diet is staying committed to it. In the case of P90X it is a commitment of 90 days to complete the program. The thing that I see most out there is people not staying committed for one reason or another.  Some of the top things I hear about why they can not finish the program are it's to hard, I don't have time, I have to eat what?, I can't eat or drink what!, I don't feel like workout out, I'm to tired, and the list goes on forever. If you want to see results and get into amazing shape you have to do one thing and that's STAY COMMITTED.

    I know how hard it is to change your lifestyle when it comes to getting in shape. When I first started P90X almost 5 years ago that's what I had to do to achieve results. I knew that it was something that I wanted more then anything so I stayed committed to the workouts and diet. Because of my commitment I achieved amazing results. Staying committed was not easy though temptations were everywhere. From candy, pizza, soda (I use to drink mountain dew like I needed it to survive) and for most every one besides me because I do not drink alcohol. Even though these things were everywhere I was still able to stay committed because again it was something I really wanted and was focused on getting results.

    Another big thing that prevents people from staying committed is not having a support system behind them. Your always going to have those people out there telling you to give up on it and think its stupid to workout and eat healthily I hear it everyday of my life. I personally believe that having a support system behind you during a transformation or anything in life is the most important things that you can have. This is the best part about Beachbody and there workouts. No matter what program you have there are thousands of other out there like you facing the same issues, but they are there to support you and push you. That was one of the things that got me through my first round of P90X all the support from the fellow X'ers.

   I will be honest it is really hard to stay committed to anything especially a workout and diet. There are days where I do not feel like working out (yes me not feeling like working out for all of you who know me this will come as a shock lol) If getting into amazing shape, boosting your energy level, and just overall become more healthily is what you are striving for then I can say one thing YOU CAN DO IT! Have the courage and will power to forget all the nay Sayers out there who say you can't do it or it is dumb. Forget about all the times that you have failed in the past weather it be in previous attempts to get in shape or any life event in general. Most importantly BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND THAT YOU CAN DO IT!! If you do not believe in yourself and that you are capable of staying committed and achieving your fitness goals or any goals you have in life, then you will never reach them if you do not believe in yourself.

   To everyone out there I have been in your shoes. Trying to stay committed and trying not to give up both in fitness and in everyday life situations. I want to say that if I am your coach I will stand by you 24/7 throughout your program and help you stay committed and any other way possible for you to achieve your goals. I believe in each and every one of you out there, and that you can achieve your fitness goals and all your future goals in life. So what are you waiting for?.............


P.S- Below is a video that shows what never giving up really means and what happens when you achieve something that you never though was possible. I encourage everyone to watch it. It inspired me and I hope not will inspire you.


              



     

No comments:

Post a Comment