Friday, May 11, 2012

300 push up challenge

     So today I was talking to a friend who also does P90X, INSANITY etc and he told me he heard country singer Kenny Chesney can do 300 push ups in 10 minutes. when he told me this I got curious how long would it take me to do 300 push ups. From day one till now of P90X and the INSANITY workouts I have done my fair share of push ups and have gotten pretty good at them. My friend and I decided that we were going to make a challenge to see who could do 300 push ups the fastest and see if either of us could do it in under 10 minutes.

     First was my friend he was able to do the 300 push ups taking many breaks in between. it took him 10 min 45sec to complete the 300 push ups. Next was me. I have been doing push ups all my life and do 100 every morning once I step out of bed. My plan was to do 6 sets of 50 as fast as I could. my time 4min 15sec! I was shocked that I was able to do that amount of push ups in that short amount of time. My friend was just as shocked as I was.

   I can definitely can give thanks to P90X and the INSANITY workouts for getting me to that level of fitness. I know what you are all thinking yah right you can't do that many push ups in that short amount of time. I know it sounds crazy that is why I will be making a video this weekend showing everyone that it is true.

    This is a fun challenge to do to see how fit you really are. If anyone wants to try this go for it! I would love to hear how you make out and what your time is.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment