Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Les Mills Pump review Pump and Burn

   Today starts week 2 of Les Mills Pump and a brand new workout Pump and Burn. Here is my review on this workout.

    Pump and Burn is the first workout of the second week of the program. It is different then the previous Pump Challenge workout in a few ways. First off this workout is 35 min long instead of 20 min. like Pump Challenge. On top of that you are performing the different exercises for 5 min each 2 min longer then the previous workouts. The moves during this workout are the same as the Pump Challenge, but longer.

    When I started the workout I noticed a few differences. First the location of the workouts was moved onto a stage with a group of people standing in front of the trainers. Also there were new trainers introduced into the program. You begin with a warm up with lighter weights. Once that is completed you move onto the following moves for 5 minutes each. They include squats, chest, back, hamstrings, shoulders, and abs.

    Just like Pump Challenge this workout gave me a great pump and got me sweating quickly. At first you do not seem to be doing that much but I promise you, you will start to feel the burn in your muscles very quickly once you get into it. I have found the most difficult out of all the moves in the workout is hamstrings. This section requires balance and the ability to push past your comfort zone to create the change you want in your body. All of the trainers once again were great motivators and I found that I did not have to look at the screen to know what to do. That is how well they instruct this workout!

    My overall thought on this workout are very positive. I was very impressed with the design of the program, the trainers, and the workout that I got out of it. Like the rest of the program thus far I would personally highly recommend this workout to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment