Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Workout Update

     Over the winter I decided to change things up a bit and try and bulk up using P90X and lifting heavy at the local gym. over that time I was able to put on 12lbs, but of course it was not all muscle. Knowing that the summer months are fast approaching and I would be heading to the beach quite a bit I wanted to start cutting so I decided to start a round of INSANITY. Here is my review on my third round of INSANITY.

     As you all know INSANITY is one of the tougher workouts from Beachbody and can be difficult to complete. I had not done INSANITY for about 8 months and was not to sure how I would do after such a long break from the workouts. On the first day it felt like it was the first time I have ever done the workout! It is shocking what time away from a program like this can do to you. The first week was the toughest just like the first round. As I got to the second week and third week I was able to jump right back into it like I have never left the workouts.

    Once I began the second month of INSANITY I was excited and a bit curious how I would respond to the Max Interval workouts. Surprisingly it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The first time I did these workouts it felt like day one all over again taking a lot of breaks and not being able to get through the entire workout. This time around it was just as difficult, but I was able to get through all the workouts occasionally taking breaks but nothing like the first round. This shows how important it is to be overall fit in strength training and also cardio.

   I currently have 2 more weeks left of this round of INSANITY and I am very happy with the results. It looks like I will be back to 5% body fat by the end of the program and over all have gained 6lbs of muscle. Comparing my before pictures to my most recent I can tell that I have put more size and definition on my body. Once I complete my third round I will start INSANITY ASYLUM to get ready for Tough Mudder and the Spartan Beast race that I will be running the the next few months. Below are my before and after from my second round of INSANITY before my bulking phase and my most recent picture taken today.        



                   Before                                                                                                  After                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment